Immerse yourself in the landscape you are capturing! We have selected the most scenic portions of the front-country trails in Denali National Park for you to enjoy its beauty.
Duration: 4 hours
- Adult Ages 13+
Watch & photograph wildlife behavior unfolding before your eyes!
Want to know the secret to success for wildlife photography? While there isn’t one simple answer to this question, any committed wildlife photographer will tell you that the best images were the result of time and patience. New for 2021, Denali Photo Guides is offering the chance to truly immerse yourself in the landscape of interior Alaska and watch wildlife behavior unfold before your eyes. Join your guide in a wildlife blind set up next to a scenic pond that is home to beavers and attracts moose and various species of birds.
With a maximum of only 2 participants per tour, this is a special opportunity to appreciate undisturbed wildlife.
You will go to one location during this excursion where you should be prepared for sitting quietly and patiently to not disturb wildlife in their habitat. We will provide foam cushions to sit comfortably and stay dry. Supportive shoes are recommended for the 20-minute walk to the location on uneven ground. Wildlife photography ethics will be strictly followed for the safety and well-being of the wildlife and guests. Wildlife is just that, wild. While we cannot guarantee that wildlife will be there during every tour, we have designed this excursion to increase your chances of being able to see wildlife in beautiful light.
This excursion is suitable for beginner photographers as well as seasoned experts. Your guide will offer technical instruction that is appropriate for you and your level of expertise during your approach and will provide support for exposure and composition throughout the experience.
The best camera is the one you have!
Our tour is designed to benefit all skill levels with any type of camera (smart-phones welcome). No matter what gear you have, our guides will be able to help you progress as photographer.
- Beginners will learn techniques to get more out of their equipment; how to read light and adjust their exposure settings to photograph Alaska’s stunning scenery and wildlife in a way that “does it justice.”
- Advanced photographers will enjoy the luxury of being shown the best locations without having to scout on their own.
- For the best photos, we recommend a telephoto lens 400mm to 600mm. Please contact us with any questions you may have regarding equipment.
Safety and quality of experience are our top priorities.
We do our best to create opportunities for viewing wildlife, but we cannot guarantee it because the behavior of animals are out of our control.
What to Bring
- All guests should come prepared with a mask or face covering.
- Weather can change quickly in Denali so bring an extra layer and a raincoat.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended – there will be some walking on variable terrain and the trail may be muddy.
- Mosquito protection: we recommend gloves (open finger is best), long sleeves and long pants. We provide head nets and insect repellent if desired.
- Don’t forget your camera, lenses, and extra battery!
- We provide tripods, filters, & binoculars.
- We provide 100 mm to 400 mm lenses for Canon and Nikon camera bodies.
- In an effort to reduce waste, please bring your own reusable water bottle and your own snacks.
- The activity level is moderate. This tour requires walking on uneven terrain and sitting quietly on the ground for long periods of time.
- This trip is suitable for all skill levels and all cameras, including smartphones.
- Digital cameras with long zoom lenses are available to rent, and you keep the memory card.
- Transportation is provided to and from all Denali area hotels.
- 4 hours
We will adjust practices and protocols to prevent the spread of COVID-19 according to recommendations from the State of Alaska and health experts.