Immerse yourself in the landscape you are capturing! We have selected the most scenic portions of the front-country trails in Denali National Park for you to enjoy its beauty.
Duration: 4 hours
- Adult Ages 13+
Watch & photograph wildlife behavior unfolding before your eyes!
Want to know the secret to success for wildlife photography? While there isn’t one simple answer to this question, any committed wildlife photographer will tell you that the best images were the result of time and patience. New for 2021, Denali Photo Guides is offering the chance to truly immerse yourself in the landscape of interior Alaska and watch wildlife behavior unfold before your eyes. Join your guide in a wildlife blind set up next to a scenic pond that is home to beavers and attracts moose and various species of birds.
With a maximum of only 2 participants per tour, this is a special opportunity to appreciate undisturbed wildlife.
You will go to one location during this excursion where you should be prepared for sitting quietly and patiently to not disturb wildlife in their habitat. We will provide foam cushions to sit comfortably and stay dry. Supportive shoes are recommended for the 20-minute walk to the location on uneven ground. Wildlife photography ethics will be strictly followed for the safety and well-being of the wildlife and guests. Wildlife is just that, wild. While we cannot guarantee that wildlife will be there during every tour, we have designed this excursion to increase your chances of being able to see wildlife in beautiful light.
- Skill Level Recommendation – ***This excursion is recommended for intermediate and expert photographers*** Since it is important to stay silent in order to avoid disturbing wildlife, your guide will not be able to offer the same amount of instruction or coaching that you would receive in any of our other tours. Therefore, it is advised to come on this tour if you are already dialed with your equipment. Our other tour offerings are more suitable for beginners. Your guide will offer technical instruction that is appropriate for you and your level of expertise during your approach and will provide support for exposure and composition throughout the experience when possible.
- Bring the right lens – For the best photos, we recommend a telephoto lens 400mm to 600mm. Please contact us with any questions you may have regarding equipment.
- Dress Appropriately – Please dress appropriately for this experience, we recommend long sleeves & pants as well as gloves to protect from mosquitos. Some people like to use mosquito nets over their heads. Weather can change without much warning, so it is always a good idea to have rain gear, even if it looks clear before your trip starts.
- Fitness – The activity level is moderate. This tour requires walking on uneven terrain and sitting quietly on the ground for long periods of time.
Safety and quality of experience are our top priorities.
We do our best to create opportunities for viewing wildlife, but we cannot guarantee it because the behavior of animals are out of our control.
What to Bring
- All guests should come prepared with a mask or face covering.
- Weather can change quickly in Denali so bring an extra layer and a raincoat.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended – there will be some walking on variable terrain and the trail may be muddy.
- Mosquito protection: we recommend gloves (open finger is best), long sleeves and long pants. We provide head nets and insect repellent if desired.
- Don’t forget your camera, lenses, and extra battery!
- We provide tripods, filters, & binoculars.
- We can provide 100 mm to 400 mm lenses for Canon and Nikon camera bodies.
- In an effort to reduce waste, please bring your own reusable water bottle and your own snacks.
- Transportation is provided to and from all Denali area hotels.
- 4 hours
We will adjust practices and protocols to prevent the spread of COVID-19 according to recommendations from the State of Alaska and health experts.