Experience the thrill of chasing the Midnight Sun! Learn to photograph the dramatic sunset colors in Denali with a maximum of 4 participants per group.
Duration: 3.25 hours
Tour Times: Morning, afternoon, & evening
Instructional Photography Tour
- Dramatic landscape vistas of Mt. Denali, the Alaska Range, and the opportunity for wildlife sightings insure optimal conditions to capture your trip of a lifetime.
- Our photo guides are expert light-wranglers and take you to the best locations for the most dramatic lighting so that you can take home photos worthy of wall space, no matter what time of day you book your tour.
- This workshop provides an exclusive, small group photography opportunity with individualized instruction, one-on-one attention, and a maximum of four participants per group. It’s a refreshing alternative to crowded bus tours and caravans of vehicles, allowing you to feel like you have the landscape all to yourself.
- Our photo tour of Alaska is designed to benefit all skill levels to help you get the most out of any type of camera.
- Beginners become familiar with their own camera and learn techniques that help truly capture the magnificence of Alaska.
- Advanced photographers enjoy the luxury of being driven to the best locations without having to rent a car or trying to scout the vast and unfamiliar landscape.
- Our local guides are expert photographers and they explain techniques in ways that are easy to understand using non-technical language (but can get techy if you want to go there).
- If you are shooting your camera in “Auto” or “Scene” modes you need to take this photography tour to learn how to get the best images possible with proper exposure, filters, depth of field, and selective focus.
- We provide professional tripods and various filters. Digital cameras with long zoom lens are available to rent for use during the tour. Transportation is provided to and from all area hotels.
What to Bring
- Weather can change quickly in Denali so bring an extra layer and a raincoat.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended – there may be some walking on variable terrain if desired.
- Don’t forget your camera, lenses, and extra battery! We provide tripods, polarizing filters, and graduated neutral density filters.