Experience the thrill of chasing the Midnight Sun! Learn to photograph the dramatic sunset colors in Denali and revel in the prolonged golden hour.
Duration: 1 hour
- Adult Ages 13+
- Child Ages 8 - 12
Dive deeper, learn lasting techniques, and prepare for your Denali National Park adventures!
We always say that the best camera is the one you have, but the very best camera is the one you know how to use! With so many variables in photography, individual feedback is crucial to learn, no matter what level of photographer you are. Denali Photo Guides is now offering exclusive tutorial sessions on site, at your lodge in the Denali area so that you can get the dialed-in instruction you need to get the most out of your gear and advance your skills. This is a great way to get prepared for your bus tour into Denali National Park so you will be ready to photograph wildlife and landscapes in the park.
The best camera is the one you have!
Our tour is designed to benefit all skill levels with any type of camera (smart-phones welcome). No matter what gear you have, our guides will be able to help you progress as photographer.
- We will communicate with you prior to your session so that we can personalize your experience just for you.
- Beginners will learn techniques to get more out of their equipment; how to read light and adjust their exposure settings to photograph Alaska’s stunning scenery and wildlife in a way that “does it justice.”
- Advanced photographers will enjoy the luxury of working with a professional photographer and gaining insider tips on what to expect in the park, other parts of Alaska, and get tips on must-see locations in the Denali area.
What to Bring
- All guests should come prepared with a mask or face covering.
- Weather can change quickly in Denali so bring an extra layer and a raincoat.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended – there may be some walking on variable terrain if desired.
- Don’t forget your camera, lenses, and extra battery!
- We provide tripods & filters.
- Activity level is easy.
- This trip is suitable for all skill levels and all cameras, including smartphones.
- Digital cameras with long zoom lens are available to rent, and you keep the memory card.
- Your guide will meet you at your lodge and provide instruction on-site, outside, observing all social-distance protocols.
- 1 Hour
- Custom start time
We will adjust practices and protocols to prevent the spread of COVID-19 according to recommendations from the State of Alaska and health experts.