Travel Safe. Travel Confident.
Operations Under COVID-19
Denali Photos Guides continues to adapt in order to comply with the mandates and recommendations set forth by the State of Alaska and health organizations. The health and safety of our guests, staff and community have always been, and continue to be our top priority.
We get it. These days it feels like few things are certain. We are on your side and that is why when you book a tour with Denali Photo Guides, you can book with confidence. If you need to change your plans, no problem – any cancellation at least 3 days in advance will receive a full refund, no questions asked.
For the 2020 season, we operated with restrictions as outlined in our COVID-19 Mitigation Plan below, under which we will continue to operate until further notice. We modified our beloved Denali Photo Excursion and Midnight Sun Photo Excursion to make them appropriate for social distancing in order to keep our guests and guides healthy. We also developed two new offerings; Denali Photo Walk, and Private Photo Lessons, both of which are also compliant with health recommendations and protocols.
New for 2021, Denali Photo Guides is thrilled to offer you the chance to truly immerse yourself in the landscape of interior Alaska and watch wildlife behavior unfold before your eyes. Join your guide in a wildlife blind set up next to a scenic pond that is home to beavers and attracts moose and various species of birds. Learn more about our exclusive Moose Pond & Wildlife Excursion.
We understand that many of our guests may need to change their travel plans. If you would like to help our small business through this uncertain time, instead of requesting a refund, we ask that you consider changing your booking, try a virtual tour or take a gift certificate as credit for a future tour.
If you have any questions about your options or our operations, please contact us directly. We are here for you.
Denali Photo Guides
COVID-19 Mitigation Plan
How We Will Operate (duration: until further notice)
- Services will be offered consistent with existing travel guidelines. (Check here for up to date travel regulations for Alaska). Virtual tours are also being offered for those unable to travel.
- Tours conducted using the Denali Photo Guides vehicles will have reduced capacity in order to provide more space. Windows will remain cracked for a steady flow of fresh air. Guests also have the option to transport themselves to tour locations in their own vehicle.
- No drinks or snacks will be provided. Guests will be required to bring their own.
- The surfaces of equipment and Denali Photo Guide Vehicles that come in contact with guests and guides will be cleaned and disinfected in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- Guide will ensure that his/her hands are thoroughly washed prior to tour.
- Guides will be screened for symptoms prior to proceeding on tour. No guide experiencing any symptoms of any kind will be authorized to guide a tour. No guests who are symptomatic will be allowed to participate in the tour; no refund will be provided under these circumstances.
- Guide will wear cloth masks during the tour.
- Guide will maintain social distancing during the tour.
- All guests will be required to bring their own cloth mask and wear it for the entire duration of the tour. Failure to appear to the tour location with a mask to wear will result in a forfeit of the tour with no refund.
We will continue to update our operating procedures as is appropriate.
Denali Photo Guides General Management of Employees
General Employee Management
- All Denali Photo Guides employees shall comply with this policy and implementation plan.
- Employees are required to work from home unless there is a compelling reason to work from the office, attend a meeting, or otherwise work elsewhere.
- Gatherings of more than 10 people shall not take place. If gatherings of 10 or less take place, attendees must practice good COVID-19 hygiene such as remaining at least six feet apart, washing hands frequently, covering coughs or sneezes, not shaking hands, wearing cloth masks, and other good practices.
- If Denali Photo Guides employees who reside outside of Alaska return to the state, they will abide by all travel-related health mandates and self-quarantine for a minimum of 14 days. All employees in quarantine shall reasonably remain in isolation quarters except for seeking medical attention. Should an employee encounter others, they shall follow social distancing and other good COVID-19 hygiene practices.
- Employees in mandatory self-quarantine shall maintain a daily tracking log of COVID-19 symptoms. Employees should provide their own thermometers or, if no thermometer is available, indicate fever yes or no. These employees shall not report to work unless either they do not exhibit symptoms for 14 days or else they receive proper medical clearance.
- All Denali Photo Guides employees in the State of Alaska are encouraged to keep a daily log of COVID-19 symptoms as a best practice to track fitness for duty in case a tour booking is assigned to them. Evidence that an employee is symptom-free for 14 days will be a factor in determining whether that employee will be assigned to a tour, class or workshop.
- Employees shall comply with all posted COVID-19 mandates, if applicable, with regard to tour locations.
Your support right now is deeply appreciated by everyone at Denali Photo Guides and we hope that we will see you soon. Please contact us with any questions or concerns you may have. Stay healthy!
We have collected some resources here for your reference.
To prevent the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), the State of Alaska has issued a health mandate that requires all people arriving in Alaska, whether resident, worker or visitor, to self-quarantine for 14 days and monitor for illness. This mandate extends through May 19, 2020, and will be revisited weekly. You may read Health Mandate 010 in full here: https://covid19.alaska.