2023 Employment Opportunities
Denali Photo Guides offers a unique opportunity for visitors to deepen their knowledge of photography and hone their technical skills while experiencing the beauty and wonder of Alaska’s wilderness.
Our mission is to provide a tour that guests and guides enjoy equally by expressing their passion for photography and wilderness.
Guides help create a memorable experience for our guests from around the world during what might be their one-and-only trip to Alaska. We need staff that can provide helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly service with dedication and commitment to our mission. We depend on our guides to continue our tradition of offering an extremely high-quality experience.
- Be an expert photographer who is able to adapt and handle any piece of gear that comes with guests on any trip. You may see a point-and-shoot from 1991 or the brand-new mirrorless from Nikon – be able to roll with it all. You should be able to figure out settings and help your guests make adjustments so they can capture better images, learn, and go home with some great shots.
- Be able to get along well with people, adapt to different personalities, and manage the social dynamic of the group.
- Be able to listen to each guest’s expectations, needs, and desires for the tour and be able to manage those (in some cases you will need to enlighten guests about the reality of the current conditions and reset their expectations).
- Know locations and adapt quickly to changing light, weather, and conditions in order to get our guests to the best locations with the most dynamic lighting during the time allotted for the tour.
- Drive safely!
- Scout for wildlife and follow NPS ethics when photographing animals.
- Manage timing – Get to enough locations and allow enough time at each location.
- Offer clear instruction and support to beginners and advanced photographers alike.
- Offer additional information about the area such as the Alaskan lifestyle, culture, and natural history of Denali.
- Make sure guests are not bored or overwhelmed.
- Give enough attention without making guests feel you are “hovering.”
- Introduce different gear, filters, and techniques to guests.
- Offer insight into post-processing techniques and suggestions for what guests can do with their images later on or how to continue progressing with photography.
- Encourage guests to write reviews on TripAdvisor and other social media.
- Engage with the company’s social media.
- Provide images and content for marketing (all rights of your images belong to you – we only use web resolution versions of your images and we do not sell your images unless a separate agreement is made).
- Be punctual for all pick-up times and able to manage several different pick-up locations.
- Dress appropriately.
- Keep vehicles clean and tidy.
- Keep gear organized and clean.
- Upsell camera equipment, merchandise, or other items.
Please click the button below to read more and apply.