These photo tours offer exquisite light on the Alaska Range, potential for pond reflection shots, and optimal lighting on Mt. Denali when visible.
Duration: 3.5 hours, Includes round trip flight time of approximately 15 minutes and pre-trip safety briefing & gear assessment.
Tour Time: Typically 10:30 AM, but may be changed for optimal conditions
Transportation: Included from all Denali area hotels
- Private Charter
Discover True Wilderness and Capture Epic Vistas of Endless Mountains!
With only 10% of the entire state of Alaska accessible by road, we are proud to offer a premier helicopter-access photography excursion. Soar to a peak on Mt. Fellows where we will land in a remote location with 360° views of the Alaska Range. The landing area is broad and offers the opportunity for walking around or hiking up the ridgeline, for the more adventurous traveler. You will have over 2 hours for exploration and personalized photo instruction. This is a unique opportunity to experience the wilderness of Denali and take your time to compose the perfect shot.
We charter TEMSCO helicopters to fly us into the backcountry. Your safety is their top priority.
TEMSCO Helicopters has been flying in Alaska since 1958 starting with one helicopter at its founding. Today the TEMSCO fleet is forty plus helicopters strong and operates across several industries. Since our beginnings in Timber, Exploration, Mining, Survey, and Cargo Operations, TEMSCO has expanded to a variety of services including firefighting, fish and wildlife studies, med-evacs, search and rescue, photo flights, heli-skiing and tourism. For our tours, we operate “A-Star” helicopters, which seat 5-6 passengers and our MD500, with seating for 3 passengers. TEMSO has been flying tours for over 29 years in Alaska and is dedicated to the safety and service of our customers.
TEMSCO Helicopters is a TOPS operator, which means they hold the highest safety standards, which exceed those of the FAA. If you would like to read more about the safety standards for TOPS operators, click here.
What to Bring
- Weather can change quickly in Denali so bring an extra layer and a raincoat.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended – there will be walking on variable terrain.
- Don’t forget your camera, lenses, and extra battery! We provide tripods & filters.
- In an effort to reduce waste, please bring water in your own reusable bottle. Snacks are provided.
- Digital cameras with long zoom lenses are available upon request. You keep the memory card.
Activity level is moderate. You will be flown with your guide and land on the rolling tundra of the Alaska Range where you will photograph with your guide for 2+ hours. There are no trails, and the tundra is uneven terrain which can be challenging. Comfortable and supportive shoes are recommended. Please be prepared, there will not be comfortable places to sit for the duration of the excursion and the helicopter may be challenging to get in and out of.
- This trip is suitable for all skill levels and all cameras, including smartphones.
- Digital cameras with long zoom lens are available to rent, and you keep the memory card.
- Transportation is provided to and from all Denali area hotels.
- We do our best to create opportunities for viewing wildlife and “The Mountain” (Denali), but we cannot guarantee it because the weather and behavior of animals are out of our control.
- Safety and quality of experience are our top priorities.
- Please read our weather & cancellation policy.
Limited Seating Available
If there are no “Book Instantly” seats available, we will confirm your seats as soon as possible (within 3 days).
This tour has a 2 person minimum and maximum. One person may book a seat and we will try to fill the other seat, or one person may book both seats as a private charter to ensure the trip goes.