These photo tours offer exquisite light on the Alaska Range, potential for pond reflection shots, optimal lighting on Mt. Denali when visible, and long shadows across the Nenana River!
Duration: 3 hours
Transportation: Included from all Denali area hotels
Backcountry Alaska Photo Tour by Helicopter
With only 10% of the entire state of Alaska accessible by road, we have teamed up with TEMSCO to offer a premier helicopter-access photography excursion. Soar to a peak on Mt. Fellows where we will land in a remote location with 360° views of the Alaska Range. The landing area is broad and offers the opportunity for walking around or the more adventurous traveler may hike up the ridgeline. We will have over 2 hours for personalized photo instruction. This is a unique opportunity to experience the wilderness of Denali and take your time to compose the perfect shot.
What to Bring
- Weather can change quickly in Denali so bring an extra layer and a raincoat.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended – there may be some walking on variable terrain if desired.
- Don’t forget your camera, lenses, and extra battery! We provide tripods & filters.
- Bring water. Snacks provided and extra water is available.
- This trip is suitable for all skill levels and all cameras, including smartphones.
- Digital cameras with long zoom lens are available to rent, and you keep the memory card.
- Activity level is easy.
- Transportation is provided to and from all Denali area hotels.
Includes round trip flight time of approximately 15 minutes
A safety brief will occur before boarding.