Experience the thrill of chasing the Midnight Sun! Learn to photograph the dramatic sunset colors in Denali and revel in the prolonged golden hour.
Backcountry Photo Excursion
Duration: 3.5 hours, Includes round trip flight time of approximately 15 minutes and pre-trip safety briefing & gear assessment.
Tour Time: Typically 10:30 AM, but may be changed for optimal conditions
Transportation: Included from all Denali area hotels
- Private Charter
Discover True Wilderness and Capture Epic Vistas of Endless Mountains!
With only 10% of the entire state of Alaska accessible by road, we are proud to offer a premier helicopter-access photography excursion. Soar to a peak on Mt. Fellows where we will land in a remote location with 360° views of the Alaska Range. The landing area is broad and offers the opportunity for walking around or hiking up the ridgeline, for the more adventurous traveler. You will have over 2 hours for exploration and personalized photo instruction. This is a unique opportunity to experience the wilderness of Denali and take your time to compose the perfect shot.
The best camera is the one you have!
Our tour is designed to benefit all skill levels with any type of camera (smart-phones welcome). No matter what gear you have, our guides will be able to help you progress as photographer.
- Beginners will learn techniques to get more out of their equipment; how to read light and adjust their exposure settings to photograph Alaska’s stunning scenery and wildlife in a way that “does it justice.”
- Advanced photographers will enjoy the luxury of being shown the best locations and working with a professional photographer.
Safety and quality of experience are our top priorities.
We do our best to create opportunities for viewing wildlife and “The Mountain” (Denali), but we cannot guarantee it because the weather and behavior of animals are out of our control. Guides will take guests to the best locations given the current weather conditions, light, and wildlife activity.
We charter TEMSCO helicopters to fly us into the backcountry. Your safety is their top priority. TEMSCO Helicopters has been flying in Alaska since 1958. For our photo tours, we fly in the MD500 helicopter, with seating for 3 passengers. TEMSCO Helicopters is a TOPS operator, which means they hold the highest safety standards, which exceed those of the FAA. For more informations about the safety standards for TOPS operators, click here.
What to Bring
- All guests should come prepared with a mask or face covering.
- Weather can change quickly in Denali so bring an extra layer and a raincoat.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended – there will be walking on variable terrain.
- Don’t forget your camera, lenses, and extra battery!
- We provide tripods & filters.
- In an effort to reduce waste, please bring your own reusable water bottle and your own snacks.
- Activity level is moderate.
- This trip is suitable for all skill levels and all cameras, including smartphones.
- Digital cameras with long zoom lens are available to rent, and you keep the memory card.
- Transportation is provided to and from all Denali area hotels.
This tour has a 2 person minimum and maximum. One person may book a seat and we will try to fill the other seat, or one person may book both seats to ensure the trip goes.
- 3.5 hours
- Includes round trip flight time of approximately 15 minutes and pre-trip safety briefing & gear assessment.
- This tour typically departs at 10:30 AM, but may be changed for optimal conditions.
We will adjust practices and protocols to prevent the spread of COVID-19 according to recommendations from the State of Alaska and health experts.
Limited Seating Available
If there are no “Book Instantly” seats available, we will confirm your seats as soon as possible (within 3 days).
This tour has a 2 person minimum and maximum. One person may book a seat and we will try to fill the other seat, or one person may book both seats as a private charter to ensure the trip goes.