These photo tours offer exquisite light on the Alaska Range, potential for pond reflection shots, and optimal lighting on Mt. Denali when visible.
Duration: 3.5 hours
Transportation: Included (from all Denali area hotels)
Midnight Sun Photography Tour
Experience the thrill of chasing the Midnight Sun and photograph the dramatic sunset colors in Denali! With a maximum of 4 participants per group, this tour provides a personalized photography experience featuring a prolonged “magic hour.” Revel in the beautiful alpenglow on the mountains, and spectacular cloudscapes. During mid-summer, sunset is close to midnight due to our far north location. The sunset colors last for an extended period of time, giving us ample opportunity to move to several locations during “golden hour” for instruction and experimentation with different compositions, focal lengths, and exposure settings. The extended sunset offers good potential for moose sightings because moose are more active at dusk.
Our tour is designed to benefit all skill levels with any type of camera (smartphones welcome). Beginners will gain confidence with their camera settings to photograph Alaska’s stunning scenery and wildlife, and they will learn techniques that will last a lifetime. Advanced photographers will enjoy the luxury of being driven to the best locations without having to rent a car or trying to scout the vast and unfamiliar landscape.
What to Bring
- Weather can change quickly in Denali so bring an extra layer and a raincoat.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended – there may be some walking on variable terrain if desired.
- Don’t forget your camera, lenses, and extra battery! We provide tripods & filters.
- Bring water. Snacks provided and extra water is available.
- This trip is suitable for all skill levels and all cameras, including smartphones.
- Digital cameras with long zoom lens are available to rent, and you keep the memory card.
- Activity level is easy.
- Transportation is provided to and from all Denali area hotels.
- We do our best to create opportunities for viewing wildlife and “The Mountain” (Denali), but we cannot guarantee it because the weather and behavior of animals are out of our control.
- Guides will take guests to the best locations given the current weather conditions, light, and wildlife activity.
Limited Seating Available
If there are no “Book Instantly” seats available, we will confirm your seats as soon as possible (within 3 days).