Discover true wilderness and capture epic vistas of endless mountains! Only 10% of the entire state of Alaska is accessible by road, so why not fly?
Midnight Sun Photo Excursion
Epic Long-Lasting Sunset Colors!
Duration: 3.5 hours
Tour Times: Tours start between 8:00 & 9:00 PM and last until Midnight or 1:00 AM depending on the time of the sunset.
Transportation: Included (from all Denali area hotels)
- Adult (13+)
- Child (8-12)
Midnight Sun Photography Tour
Experience the thrill of chasing the Midnight Sun and learn to photograph the dramatic, long-lasting sunset colors in Denali. With a maximum of 4 participants per tour, your guide will take you to the best locations to revel in the prolonged “magic hour,” beautiful alpenglow, and spectacular cloudscapes of interior Alaska.
During mid-summer, sunset is close to midnight due to our far north location. The sunset colors last for an extended period of time, giving us ample opportunity to move to several locations during “golden hour” for instruction and experimentation with different compositions, focal lengths, and exposure settings. This tour also offers good potential for moose sightings because there is less human activity during this time of day.
Our photo guides are professional photographers and expert light-wranglers; they will be your location scout and instructor – seeking out the best locations and the most dramatic lighting in real time. You will be provided with individualized instruction so you can hone your skills as you capture beautiful images that will last a lifetime.
This guided excursion offers one-on-one attention and allows you to feel like you have the locations all to yourself for a truly immersive experience.
The best camera is the one you have!
Our tour is designed to benefit all skill levels with any type of camera (smartphones welcome). No matter what gear you have, our guides will be able to help you progress as a photographer.
- Beginners will learn techniques to get more out of their equipment; how to read light and adjust their exposure settings to photograph Alaska’s stunning scenery and wildlife in a way that “does it justice.”
- Advanced photographers will enjoy the luxury of being driven to the best locations without having to rent a car or trying to scout the vast and unfamiliar landscape.
Safety and quality of experience are our top priorities.
We do our best to create opportunities for viewing wildlife and “The Mountain” (Denali), but we cannot guarantee it because the weather and behavior of animals are out of our control. Guides will take guests to the best locations given the current weather conditions, light, and wildlife activity.
What to Bring
- All guests should come prepared with a mask or face covering.
- Weather can change quickly in Denali so bring an extra layer and a raincoat.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended – there may be some walking on variable terrain if desired.
- Don’t forget your camera, lenses, and extra battery!
- We provide tripods & filters.
- In an effort to reduce waste, please bring your own reusable water bottle and your own snacks.
- Activity level is easy.
- This trip is suitable for all skill levels and all cameras, including smartphones.
- Digital cameras with long zoom lens are available to rent, and you keep the memory card.
- Transportation is provided to and from all Denali area hotels.
- We travel in a luxury truck that is comfortable and easy to get in and out of.
- Tours begin upon pick up; there is no shuttling and no caravanning.
- 3 hours 30 minutes
We will adjust practices and protocols to prevent the spread of COVID-19 according to recommendations from the State of Alaska and health experts.
Limited Seating Available
If there are no “Book Instantly” seats available, we will confirm your seats as soon as possible (within 3 days).