These photo tours offer exquisite light on the Alaska Range, potential for pond reflection shots, optimal lighting on Mt. Denali when visible, and long shadows across the Nenana River!
Duration: 3.5 hours
Transportation: Included (from all Denali area hotels)
Midnight Sun Photography Tour
Learn to photograph the dramatic sunset colors in Denali with a maximum of 4 participants per group. This tour provides a personalized photography experience featuring prolonged “magic hour,” alpenglow on the mountains, and spectacular cloudscapes. During mid-summer, sunset is close to midnight, dipping just below the horizon and coming back up again. Due to our far north location, the sunset colors last for an extended period of time, giving us ample opportunity for instruction and experimenting with different compositions and focal lengths. The extended sunset offers good potential for moose sightings because moose are more active at dusk.
Our tour is designed to benefit all skill levels with any type of camera (smartphones welcome). Beginners will gain confidence with their camera settings to photograph Alaska’s stunning scenery and wildlife, and they will learn techniques that will last a lifetime. Advanced photographers will enjoy the luxury of being driven to the best locations without having to rent a car or trying to scout the vast and unfamiliar landscape.
Opportunities for seeing wildlife and “The Mountain” Denali are possible (weather permitting). Your guide will take you to the best locations given the current weather conditions, which may include, but are not limited to: The Denali Highway, Broad Pass, Windy Pass, Nenana River Canyon, Otto Lake, reflection ponds, and creeks.
What to Bring
- Weather can change quickly in Denali so bring an extra layer and a raincoat.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended – there may be some walking on variable terrain if desired.
- Don’t forget your camera, lenses, and extra battery! We provide tripods & filters.
- Bring water. Snacks provided and extra water is available.
- This trip is suitable for all skill levels and all cameras, including smartphones.
- Digital cameras with long zoom lens are available to rent, and you keep the memory card.
- Activity level is easy.
- Transportation is provided to and from all Denali area hotels.
Limited Seating Available
- If there are no “Book Instantly” seats available, we will confirm your seats as soon as possible (within 3 days).