Experience the thrill of chasing the Midnight Sun! Learn to photograph the dramatic sunset colors in Denali and revel in the prolonged golden hour.
Duration: 3.25 hours
Tour Times: Morning, afternoon, & evening
- Adult (13+)
- Child (10-12)
Denali Photo Excursion
Take home awe-inspiring photographs of Alaska! With a maximum of 4 participants per tour, you will receive a personalized photography experience featuring panoramic landscapes, majestic mountains, and reflection ponds. Our photo guides are professional photographers and expert light-wranglers; they will be your location scout, driver, and instructor – seeking out the best locations and the most dramatic lighting in real time. Guides provide individualized instruction so you can hone your skills as you capture beautiful images that will last a lifetime. This guided excursion offers one-on-one attention and allows you to feel like you have the locations all to yourself for a truly immersive experience.
The best camera is the one you have! Our tour is designed to benefit all skill levels with any type of camera (smart-phones welcome). No matter what gear you have, our guides will be able to help you progress as photographer. Beginners will learn techniques to get more out of their equipment; how to read light and adjust their exposure settings to photograph Alaska’s stunning scenery and wildlife in a way that “does it justice.” Advanced photographers will enjoy the luxury of being driven to the best locations without having to rent a car or trying to scout the vast and unfamiliar landscape.
What to Bring
- Weather can change quickly in Denali so bring an extra layer and a raincoat.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended – there may be some walking on variable terrain if desired.
- Don’t forget your camera, lenses, and extra battery! We provide tripods & filters.
- In an effort to reduce waste, please bring water in your own reusable bottle. Snacks are provided and extra water is available.
- Digital cameras with long zoom lenses are available to rent, and you keep the memory card.
- This trip is suitable for all skill levels and all cameras, including smartphones.
- Activity level is easy.
- Transportation is provided to and from all Denali area hotels. Tours begin upon pick up; there is no shuttling and no caravanning. Tours travel to multiple locations in a luxury truck that is easy to get in and out of.
- We do our best to create opportunities for viewing wildlife and “The Mountain” (Denali), but we cannot guarantee it because the weather and behavior of animals are out of our control.
- Guides will take guests to the best locations given the current weather conditions, light, and wildlife activity.
- Safety and quality of experience are our top priorities.
- Please read our weather & cancellation policy.