- Photographer Adult (Ages 13+)
- Companion (non-photographer)
Discover and capture the unique beauty of the interior!
Whether you live in Alaska or are experiencing this great state for the first time, come experience it with us while receiving personalized photography instruction.
This tour is private for you and your household members! You will drive your own vehicle, follow your guide in a separate vehicle, use walkie talkies to communicate, and social distancing will be practiced at location stops. Everyone will wear masks.
Our photo guides are professional photographers and expert light-wranglers; they will be your location scout and instructor – seeking out the best locations and the most dramatic lighting in real time. You will be provided with individualized instruction so you can hone your skills as you capture beautiful images that will last a lifetime. This guided excursion offers one-on-one attention and allows you to feel like you have the locations all to yourself for a truly immersive experience.
The best camera is the one you have! Our tour is designed to benefit all skill levels with any type of camera (smart-phones welcome). No matter what gear you have, our guides will be able to help you progress as photographer. Beginners will learn techniques to get more out of their equipment; how to read light and adjust their exposure settings to photograph Alaska’s stunning scenery and wildlife in a way that “does it justice.” Advanced photographers will enjoy the luxury of being shown the best locations without having to scout on their own.
Professional tripods and filters are provided. Digital cameras with long zoom lens are available to rent, and guests keep the memory card. We do our best to create opportunities for viewing wildlife and “The Mountain” (Denali), but we cannot guarantee it because the weather and behavior of animals are out of our control. Guides will take guests to the best locations given the current weather conditions, light, and wildlife activity. Safety and quality of experience are our top priorities.
What to Bring
- All guests should come prepared with a mask or face covering.
- Weather can change quickly in Denali so bring an extra layer and a raincoat.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended – there may be some walking on variable terrain if desired.
- Don’t forget your camera, lenses, and extra battery! We provide tripods & filters.
- Bring your own reusable water bottle and snacks.
- This trip is suitable for all skill levels and all cameras, including smartphones.
- Digital cameras with long zoom lens are available to rent, and you keep the memory card.
- Activity level is easy.
- Guests must provide their own transportation and they will follow their guide in a single separate vehicle.
- In order to maintain a private experience as well as increasing our opportunities to ethically view and photograph wildlife, we wish to avoid caravans more than 2 vehicles (1 guide vehicle and 1 guest vehicle).
- Walkie Talkies will be provided for communication while driving.